Thursday, August 14, 2008
Another update!
Man we're getting much better about keeping this thing up to date! We'll see what happens when Steve goes back to school in a few weeks. Things are good, we both just started a new diet, or better yet a new eating style. . . 0 sugar. That might not sound that difficult to those of you who haven't tried it, but it's pretty tough, at least for one of us:) So far Steve is feeling fantastic, he's noticed big difference in his energy levels, his hunger cravings, and his attention span. Amy on the other hand is struggling as she spends her days dreaming of chocolate fountains and sugary cereal. We've quickly discovered how literally EVERYTHING has sugar in it, literally! Things we'd never imagined would have sugar sure do, things like cheese, seasoning salt, and every freaking salad dressing on the shelf except for literally one. So pretty much our diet consists of raw and cooked vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, and brown rice, beans, and potatoes. We're sure it doesn't sound like much, but it's surprisingly satisfying especially since we have no sugar in our systems messing with our insuling levels and causing hunger cravings. Anyways, other than "the diet" things are going well, we can't believe that the summer has gone by SO quickly, Steve isn't at all excited about going back to school, but we're sure he'll cheer up once he gets going. It's going to be an extremely busy year for him, as the saying goes "the first year of school they scare you to death, the second year they work you to death, and the third they bore you to death." Not only is he on the Law Review, a really important academic journal, but he's spending 12 hours a week researching for a professor! Hopefully he comes home once in a while. Amy is still waiting to start her new job as a personal trainer, she was hired three weeks ago, but still hasn't gotten to start, we'll see if it ever happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey you two!! WOW not a taste of sugar....that sounds great and hard. I love the picture that Steve took. I miss seeing you two but I'm glad that all is going well.
I have to comment back on that...I took that photo, not Steve! See how much he likes to look cool. I told him not to publicly lie, but didn't work!
You guys crack me up. You can never trust who wrote what :) I cant believe you are doing a no sugar diet. I can believe it would be hard. I hope you guys get some really good recipes--I am sure there are some online! Oh and for the candies, I know they are not chocolate but Jolly Rancher puts out a sugar free hard candy that is really good!! Hope all is going well! Congrats Amy on the new job!!!
Wow! Way to go. Sounds very hard. Almost as hard as Amy's weekly workout routine. Do you ever stop punishing yourself? Good luck!
Post a Comment